Recently, Apple unveiled the new in-ear AirPods Pro after months of rumors. With new features such as noise cancellation, transparency mode, better-sounding drivers, seamless integration with iOS, macOS and watchOS, interchangeable ear tips, and the new charging case, the AirPods Pro look to be very competitive within their price bracket.
The Pro variant offers a lot more customization options than the non-pro AirPods earbuds. This is due to a force sensor built into each stem of the AirPods Pro enabling physical control. Having realized that a single virtual button is better than no physical button at all, Apple has outfitted the stem with a force sensor that turns the flat section on the stem, which faces forward when in your ear into a multi-purpose button. In this article, we are going to focus on how you can customize the force sensor controls navigate your music, as well as manage calls, active noise cancellation, Transparency mode, and other features.
- Single press: Press once to play, pause, or answer a call.
- Double-press: Press twice to skip forward.
- Triple-press: Press three times to skip back.
- Press and hold: Hold to switch between noise cancellation and Transparency mode.
Also, you can utilize the voice command “Hey Siri” at any time to do more with your AirPods Pro. For example, you can do things like play a specific song, album or playlist, make a call, get directions, and so forth. You can also control the AirPods Pro from the volume slider in Control Center.
Just make sure that you have updated your iPhone/iPad device to the latest iOS/iPadOS 13.2 build. You can go to Settings > General and then Software Update to check if your device is updated.
If you are on Apple Watch, press the Airplay button while the audio is being played to reveal the AirPods Pro settings. You can also enable the option to have music controls on display when you turn your wrist to wake. You can then turn the digital crown to adjust the volume. Some may find this method quicker than the force sensor controls.
Customizing The Controls
- Activate Siri instead of Noise Control
- Select Noise Control options to cycle through
Activate Siri instead of Noise Control
When you hold the stem of the AirPods Pro, it would switch between the noise control options by default. You can change that to activate the digital assistant Siri if you desire by going through the following steps.
- First of all, open the Settings app of your Apple device.
- Then, tap on Bluetooth from the list.
- After that, click the button next to your AirPods Pro.
- Select either Left or Right under the “Press And Hold AirPods” section.
- In the end, select Siri if you want to activate the assistant when holding the stem.
Select Noise Control options to cycle through
Other than customizing the name of your AirPods Pro and controlling how it responds on taps, the AirPods Pro settings also include customizations determining which noise control options holding on either stem should cycle through.
- At first, open the Settings app of your iOS device.
- After that, tap on Bluetooth from the list of options.
- Then, click the ‘i’ button next to your AirPods Pro.
- Select either Left or Right according to your preference under the “Press And Hold AirPods” section.
- Tap on Noise Control.
- Finally, select the noise-canceling modes by pressing and holding the AirPods Pro stems. It should cycle through according to your preference. You can choose to cycle between “Noise Cancellation,” ‘Transparency,’ and ‘Off’ mode. You can also include or exclude any of them.
Note that the Noise Control setting allows you to pick between the three settings to cycle through. And that is set to both sides if you have both set to Noise Control. You can also set one side to Noise Control and the other to activate Siri.
You can’t have one side cycle through Noise Cancellation/Transparency/Off and other to cycle through Noise Cancellation/Off.
In this article, we have provided instructions on how you can customize the force sensor controls on your AirPods Pro. Now you can finally activate Siri and switch through noise-canceling options with ease directly from your AirPods Pro.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.