MediEvil is a 1998 classic PlayStation video game developed by SCE Cambridge Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. This action-adventure hack and slash game recently got a remake for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro. You can now experience the adventures of Sir Daniel Fortesque on your 4K TV.
The best thing about this remake is that a new series of side quests and collectibles called “Lost Souls” have been added. If you manage to find all the lost souls and put them to rest, you will be able to play the original PS1 MediEvil game from the main menu. This will also unlock two new trophies, Lost and Found (Find all the Lost Souls) and Soul Saviour (Lay all the Lost Souls to rest).
If you want to relive the original PS1 version within the PS4 remake of MediEvil, continue reading this guide to learn more.
- 1 Guide: Unlock the Original MediEvil PS1 Game
- 2 Locations of Lost Souls (With Resting Places)
- 2.0.1 Lost Soul #1: Fisherman Formes
- 2.0.2 Lost Soul #2: Brute Bruty
- 2.0.3 Lost Soul #3: Ye Old Olivara
- 2.0.4 Lost Soul #4: Baffy the Baffler
- 2.0.5 Lost Soul #5: Surgeon Sherman
- 2.0.6 Lost Soul #6: Chen the Enchantress
- 2.0.7 Lost Soul #7: Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Weder
- 2.0.8 Lost Soul #8: Treviarnus, the Troubadour
- 2.0.9 Lost Soul #9: Grave Keeper Kambic
- 2.0.10 Lost Soul #10: Gavin the Golden
- 2.0.11 Lost Soul #11: Sir Schmidt the Hermit
- 2.0.12 Lost Soul #12: Daring D. Castro
- 2.0.13 Lost Soul #13: Hopper the Legless
- 2.0.14 Lost Soul #14: Son Jr., Son of Sr.
- 2.0.15 Lost Soul #15: Knight McKnight
- 2.0.16 Lost Soul #16: Nautical Nachbaur
- 2.0.17 Lost Soul #17: Barrelman Badillo
- 2.0.18 Lost Soul #18: Captain Coffman
- 2.0.19 Lost Soul #19: Sir Sloane
- 3 Final Words
Guide: Unlock the Original MediEvil PS1 Game
MediEvil has 19 Lost Soul riddles and locations. To unlock the original MediEvil PS1 game, follow the instructions below:
- Make your way to the “The Entrance Hall” level of the game. You have to go down the staircase on the right. You will find a blue chest at the bottom. Opening it will unlock the Lost Souls side quests. Each Soul will give you riddles, which you have to solve in order to lay 19 Lost Souls to rest at different levels throughout the game.
- After unlocking the Lost Souls side quests, you will see a grey ‘S’ logo on the map of every level. This indicates that there is a Lost Soul somewhere to be found in the level. When you find a soul, the grey ‘S’ logo will become orange colored. Note that the Lost Soul’s resting location is different than where you find it.
- Remember to finish the level after you find a Lost Soul location or lay a Lost Soul to rest in its location. If you quit the level without finishing it, your progress won’t get saved. If you miss a Lost Soul in a level, you can still obtain it by replaying the level. It will take you one to two playthroughs to put a Lost Souls at a different level anyways.
- Once you have put all the 19 lost souls to rest, go back to the main menu of the game and unlock the PS1 version of MediEvil.
Locations of Lost Souls (With Resting Places)
Since you have to complete a level to save progress, you can find a Lost Soul and lay it to rest at another level by following the exact order of Soul locations and resting places below to save yourself from the hassle of backtracking.
Lost Soul #1: Fisherman Formes
Location: The Entrance Hall
Resting Place: The Sleeping Village
Lost Soul #2: Brute Bruty
Location: The Graveyard
Resting Place: Scarecrow Fields
Lost Soul #3: Ye Old Olivara
Location: Cemetery Hill
Resting Place: Return to the Graveyard
Lost Soul #4: Baffy the Baffler
Location: The Hilltop Mausoleum
Resting Place: The Asylum Grounds
Lost Soul #5: Surgeon Sherman
Location: Return to the Graveyard
Resting Place: Inside the Asylum
Lost Soul #6: Chen the Enchantress
Location: Scarecrow Fields
Resting Place: Cemetery Hill
Lost Soul #7: Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Weder
Location: Pumpkin Gorge
Resting Place: The Pumpkin Serpent
Lost Soul #8: Treviarnus, the Troubadour
Location: The Pumpkin Serpent
Resting Place: The Hilltop Mausoleum
Lost Soul #9: Grave Keeper Kambic
Location: The Sleeping Village
Resting Place: The Graveyard
Lost Soul #10: Gavin the Golden
Location: The Asylum Grounds
Resting Place: The Crystal Caves
Lost Soul #11: Sir Schmidt the Hermit
Location: Inside the Asylum
Resting Place: Pumpkin Gorge
Lost Soul #12: Daring D. Castro
Location: The Enchanted Earth
Resting Place: The Haunted Ruins
Lost Soul #13: Hopper the Legless
Location: Pools of the Ancient Dead
Resting Place: The Gallows Gauntlet
Lost Soul #14: Son Jr., Son of Sr.
Location: The Lake
Resting Place: The Enchanted Earth
Lost Soul #15: Knight McKnight
Location: The Crystal Caves
Resting Place: Pools of the Ancient Dead
Lost Soul #16: Nautical Nachbaur
Location: The Gallows Gauntlet
Resting Place: The Lake
Lost Soul #17: Barrelman Badillo
Location: The Haunted Ruins
Resting Place: The Ghost Ship
Lost Soul #18: Captain Coffman
Location: The Ghost Ship
Resting Place: The Time Device
Lost Soul #19: Sir Sloane
Location: The Time Device
Resting Place: The Entrance Hall
In this guide, we have provided detailed instructions and Soul locations to help you complete the Lost Souls side quests and unlock the original PS1 version of MediEvil within the PS4 remake. While this may look like a lot of effort, it is worth experiencing the game in PS1 graphics one more time. In case you have any questions regarding the guide, let us know in the comments section below.
For the latest tech news and updates, install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.