It’s Halloween, and everyone’s entitled to one good scare. If you have an Alexa device in your house, you can definitely use it pull off some spooky tricks this Halloween. Amazon has added some new skills in the Alexa voice engine to make your Halloween house the best in your area. The friendly virtual assistant not only plays creepy Halloween sound effects but also auto-changes settings of your Alexa supported lightbulbs, LED Battens, and Philips Hue devices to a dark Halloween theme.
In this guide, we have compiled a list of voice commands and skills which you can use to make your Halloween party special with Alexa. Continue reading this article on how to celebrate Halloween with Alexa to learn more.
Alexa Basic Halloween Keywords
This Halloween you can interact with Alexa with a few questions and fun games. Here are 10 basic examples:
- “Alexa, What is Halloween?”
- “Alexa, Happy Halloween!”
- “Alexa, What should I wear this Halloween?”
- “Alexa, Tell me a Halloween story.”
- “Alexa, Trick or Treat?”
- “Alexa, What’s the point of celebrating Halloween?”
- “Alexa, What will you be for Halloween?”
- “Alexa, Tell me a Halloween joke.”
- “Alexa, What’s your favorite candy?”
- “Alexa, Play spooky sound effects.”
Halloween Jokes with Alexa
You can ask Alexa to tell a Halloween joke by saying “Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke.” One of the replies Alexa gave me was, “What’s it like to be kissed by a vampire? It’s a pain in the neck.” It is certainly not the funniest joke you’ve ever heard, but it’s fine.
Make Your House Haunted with Alexa
If you have multiple Philips Hue devices or Alexa-compatible smart bulbs, lamps, switches, speakers and light strips throughout your entire house, just say “Alexa, make my house haunted.” Alexa will automatically change your device’s settings to create a scary environment in your house. For instance, Alexa will:
- Make all the smart lights orange.
- Play Halloween music and sound effects on smart speakers and cast a Halloween-themed video on your Fire TV devices or an Alexa-compatible TV.
- Turn on smart switches with decoration profiles.
Check Out Trick or Treaters with Alexa
In case you have a smart security camera or a video doorbell setup from Nest or Ring, you can check out treat or treaters on your doorstep with Alexa. Say “Alexa, who’s on my front door?” or “Alexa, show the video feed from [Device name].” The live feed will automatically get casted to an Alexa-compatible TV or Fire TV device.
Play Spooky Sounds & Halloween Music with Alexa
With Alexa, you can play spooky sound effects with a few Alexa skills such as:
- Spooky Scream: Use this skill to play realistic scream sounds on your Alexa smart speakers. You can set the number of seconds or minutes to trigger the scream by saying “Alexa, ask Spooky Scream to start in two minutes.”
- Scary Halloween Sounds: Say “Alexa, start Scary Halloween Sounds” to play a variety of random sound effects on a loop.
- Halloween Ambience: Ask Alexa to “Launch Halloween Ambience” for playing Halloween-themed ambient music on a 1-hour loop.
You can also play Halloween music on your smart speakers using Amazon Music or Spotify. Just say “Alexa, play Halloween playlists from [Amazon Music/Spotify].”
Play Halloween Games with Alexa
If you are in search of some Halloween games to play with your family and friends, you can visit the Alexa Skills page and integrate a few games to your Alexa device. Here are some games recommended by Amazon: Haunted Adventure, Halloween Feel The Pressure, Ghost Detector.
In this article, we have highlighted some of the best Alexa voice commands and skills to help you make this Halloween spookier than ever. We hope you enjoy Halloween with your family and friends this year. Happy Halloween!
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.