Installing essential third-party apps after a fresh Windows installation is quite a tedious process, especially when you need to get your important work done on time. You have to not only download installers but also install them one by one to avoid installation conflicts, consuming a lot of your precious time in the process.
However, there are many ways you can install several apps at once on a Windows PC, saving you from the hassle of individually installing every essential app. Read on through this guide to learn more.
Install several apps at once on Windows with Ninite
Ninite is one of the most popular application package management services for Windows, offering users to install multiple popular apps at once on their Windows PCs. You can make manual selections from Ninite’s list of apps, then download a single installer package for hassle-free app installation.
From Ninite, you can always expect to get the latest version of your favorite apps. It also saves you from installing unintentional adware and toolbars that are bundled with a few app installers. Also, the service is completely free to use, albeit Ninite does have a Pro version for Enterprise users. Here’s how to install apps from Ninite:
- First, visit ninite.com from a web browser.
- Now scroll down a bit and select the apps that you want to install on your Windows PC. There are several categories of apps to choose from. However, you will only find popular options and open-source alternatives in Ninite’s list of apps.
- Scroll down once to the “Get Your Ninite” option and click it. The combined Ninite installer should start downloading.
- Finally, run the installer and wait for all your selected apps to get installed.
Install several apps at once on Windows with RuckZuck
RuckZuck is another free software package manager for Windows. You can use it to install multiple free and open-source apps at the same time and keep them updated. RuckZuck’s public software repository contains hundreds of popular apps, and you can also upload new software to the repository.
Unlike Ninite, RuckZuck requires users to install their free app first, which you can download from github.com/rzander/ruckzuck/releases/latest. After installing the RuckZuck app, follow the steps below.
- Launch RuckZuck from your desktop.
- Click Install New Software in the RuckZuck window. The following page will give you the option to choose your preferred apps.
- You can either search for apps from the Search bar or expand the categories and choose the apps that you want to install on your Windows PC.
- After that, click the Start installation… option and wait for the apps to download and get automatically installed on your PC.
Once you are done installing the apps, you can choose to uninstall RuckZuck if you wish.
Install several apps at once on Windows with Patch My PC
Patch My PC is an excellent alternative to RuckZuck, offering 300+ free and popular Windows apps to its users. It can also check for updated versions of the apps you have installed on your PC, and you can use it to bulk install essential apps to save hours of work.
Patch My PC is a free program, but you will have to install it on your Windows PC just like RuckZuck. The following steps will show you how to use it:
- First, go to patchmypc.com/home-updater and click Download to download the Patch My PC Home Updater app. You will have to install it too.
- Once installed, launch the Patch My PC app and wait for it to load up properly.
- Tick the apps from the list that you want to install, then click the Install option.
From the Patch My PC app, you can also set a schedule to check for app updates, as well as uninstall multiple apps at once from your PC.
This guide has shown you three ways to install several apps at once on a Windows PC. If you know about any other options that let users install Windows apps in bulk, please let us known via the comments below. We might cover it in a separate guide in the near future.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.