A couple of months ago, it was revealed that tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Apple had contractors listening to a tiny percentage of voice snippets collected from their virtual assistant services to improve accuracy and predictability. But the practice was highly criticized as the voice snippets contained confidential details of the users and seen as a potential security concern.
After the backlash from the users, tech companies were forced to add a feature to delete all the existing voice recordings collected by its virtual assistant service and to opt-out from the improvement program.
Apple has recently released iOS 13.2, iPadOS 13.2, watchOS 6.1, tvOS 13.2, and macOS Catalina 10.15.1 for its devices. As usual, Apple’s latest OS focuses on privacy, security, and reliability. They are finally giving users the option to delete their Siri and Dictation interaction history.
If you want to delete your Siri history on your Apple devices, continue reading this article on how to delete your Siri history.
Delete Existing Siri History on Apple Devices
To delete your Siri history, you have to upgrade your Apple devices to the latest software. We have listed step-by-step instructions for various Apple devices below to help you delete your Siri history. Check out the following instructions for your preferred device below.
- To get started, head over to the Settings app.
- Scroll down to find Siri & Search and tap it.
- Select Siri & Dictation History from the list of options under the Ask Siri section.
- Tap Delete Siri & Dictation History on the next page. You will receive a warning prompt asking you to confirm your choice.
- Again, click Delete Siri & Dictation History.
If you want to opt-out from sharing your voice snippets with Apple, here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple device.
- Tap Privacy from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the end of the Privacy screen, and tap Analytics & Improvements.
- Toggle off Improve Siri & Dictation.
If you want to know more about what information is shared with Apple, click the hyperlink ‘About Siri & Dictation Analytics’ below the toggle.
- Open the watchOS Settings app, then tap Siri.
- Tap Siri & Dictation History from the list of options.
- Again, tap Delete Siri & Dictation History to delete Siri History associated with your Apple Watch.
- From the Apple menu bar, open System Preferences.
- Select Siri from the left sidebar of the System Preferences window.
- Click Delete Siri & Dictation History.
- Go to Apple TV Settings.
- Choose Siri in the settings menu.
- Select Siri History from the options.
- Tap Delete Siri & Dictation History.
In this guide, we have provided step-by-step instructions to help you delete your existing Siri History associated with your Apple devices. Understandably, Apple needs user data to improve its services. Still, it would have been better if Apple gave users a sole option to remove all the Siri history from devices instead of doing it one-by-one. If you have any enquires related to this topic, let us know in the comments section below.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.