For most of us, waking up is a truly gruesome task and the alarm is most probably our morning’s worst enemy. There’s quite a handy solution to that though. Brush aside your monotonous and bell alarm tunes and slip into a more relaxing awakening each morning. Waking up can be a pleasing experience now that Google Clocks had introduced the handy addition of Spotify alarm integration into it’s app, allowing you to set your alarm to your favourite tunes of the music app at just a few taps of your phone screen.
You can now wake up to the sweet sound of blues, get the adrenaline rush of a Guns n Roses number or any tune that puts you in the mood for a positive start to the day.
This new feature was launched in July and is available on all android devices with operating system versions Lollipop or higher. There are few simple steps to go about using Spotify tracks from anywhere on the app as your alarm tone. Just follow below and you’ll be waking up with a smile tomorrow for sure.
It is firstly required to have both Spotify and Google Clock installed on your device.
- Go to the Alarm page of your Google Clock app.
- Tap and edit the alarm of your choice.
- Tap the alarm icon
- Swipe to the Spotify tab.
- You are free to choose any Spotify track of your choice as you new alarm tone.
- Once you’ve found the perfect track, just select it and tap back with the button to the top left hand corner. A check mark indicates the alarm is set.
- You will also find a top five of recently selected playlists as well as morning centric playlist to get you rising and shining in a mood to cease the day!
Both free and premium Spotify users can avail of this feature on Google Clocks. Using a free account does just as good a job as the latter.
A bonus of this alarm is its option to continue playing Spotify tracks even after being switched off; quite a handy way to get in the groove of things. So what are you waiting for? Turn your drowsy mornings into the perfect kickstart to awesome days ahead as you pick your favourite Spotify tracks to wake up to and take on the world head on!
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.