Following the release of stable Android 14 for the Phone (2), Nothing started beta testing the update for the Phone (1) last month. And now the testing is over.
Today the Nothing Phone (1) gets its Android 14 update, as part of the Nothing OS 2.5 release. This comes with a lot of new features, as you might expect.
Here’s the full changelog, straight from Nothing:
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customization page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect. Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colors on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- Introduced solid color wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome color theme in the basic color section.
- Get direct access to the Glyph Interface’s Music Visualization feature (some of you may have already discovered it).
- Improved overall Glyph light playback effect when synchronizing with your device’s audio.
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Customizable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, mute, QR code scanner, and video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Added support for switching ring modes in Quick Settings.
- You can now directly set your network via Quick Settings without unlocking the device.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the song currently playing. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
- Optimized the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Automatically excludes the preview of the previous screenshot when taking continuous screenshots.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced the overall smoothness and responsiveness of the system for a more fluid user experience.
- Enhanced system stability and improved battery life.
To grab the update on your Nothing Phone (1), head on over to Settings > System > System Update. Note, however, that the rollout is staggered, so it will gradually reach all of the devices out there in the wild within the next few days.
Alex Mitchell is your go-to expert for all things mobile. With a passion for the latest smartphones, apps, and mobile innovations, Alex provides in-depth reviews, insightful analyses, and breaking news about the ever-evolving world of mobile technology. Stay connected with Alex to navigate the fast-paced realm of mobile devices.