iOS 14 on iPhone has received a plethora of visual and customization updates, which was long needed in the Apple ecosystem. Yesterday saw the latest beta release, bringing several privacy and security options in iOS 14. One of them includes user control for photo permissions.
On the previous versions of iOS, when users were prompted to grant permission to access your photos, they could only allow or deny the request. Granting the app access to the Photos library also included the geolocation details and additional metadata in the photos.
With iOS 14, users can now allow third-party apps access to selected photos only. While it’s time-consuming for iPhone users to choose photos from the Photos app manually, it’s a welcoming addition for those concerned about their privacy.
We will show you how to limit third-party access to the iOS 14 Photos library in this guide. You can get the latest iOS 14 public beta on your iPhone from here.
Limit third-party access to the Photos app in iOS 14
If you are opening a third-party app for the first time, then do the following:
- When you open the app, it will prompt you to allow access to your photos. From the dialog box, tap the Select Photos… option.
- Now choose the photos you would like to share with the app. You can also search for a particular photo or album from the selection screen.
- Once you have selected your preferred photos, tap Done at the top-right corner of the menu.
That’s it! In the app, you should only see the photos that you have selected to share with the app.
If you want to add or remove photos from the ones you have given the app access to, then follow the steps below.
- First, go to Settings from the iOS Home Screen.
- Scroll down and select Privacy from the Settings menu.
- Next, tap Photos on the following screen. You should see a list of all the apps that you have given access to your Photos library or select photos.
- Choose your preferred app from the list, then tap the Edit Selected Photos option to make changes to your selections. You will also find other permissions on the same menu.
This is how you can limit third-party to your Photos library in iOS 14. The feature is quite useful for privacy-concerned iPhone users, and we are sure that a regular user would also appreciate it from the privacy standpoint.
If you want us to cover other features of iOS 14, then let us know what eye-grabbing feature you are looking forward to using on your iPhone in the comments below.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.