Do you fancy an Apple Music subscription this Christmas? Well, your wish has been fulfilled as Apple is giving away 6 months of Apple Music to new users for free. Existing Apple Music users can also resubscribe to get 3 additional months.
It requires users to download Shazam on their iPhone / iPad, which Apple acquired last year. Shazam identifies music around you and gives users the option to play it, add in a playlist on Apple Music or Spotify directly from the app.
If you are a new user, then follow the guide below to get 6 months of Apple Music for free. The offer is available until New Year’s eve, so grab it quickly.
Guide to get 6 months of Apple Music for free
- To get started, download and install Shazam from the App Store.
- Once installed, launch the app from the Home screen.
- Tap Library on the top left corner of the app, or just swipe to the left.
- Now tap the Try Now button on the “Limited Time Only” promotional card.
- Click Try It Free on the following page, and tap Confirm to get 6 months of free Apple Music subscription.
In case you don’t see the promotional card, try identifying a song using Shazam, then wait until the song details appear on the screen. Tap the link that says Get up to 6 months free of Apple Music. It is right below the “Open in Apple Music” button.
If you already have a monthly subscription of Apple Music, go to Settings > Your Apple ID > Subscriptions > Apple Music and tap Cancel Subscription. Make sure to disconnect Apple Music from Shazam too. This way existing users can get the promotional offer in the Shazam app and redeem 3 months of free Apple Music subscription.