Managing your subscriptions is not easy. You pay to access premium content from an app or service for a period of time and then just forget about it. Whether it is your Apple Music or Spotify subscription, or the monthly subscription on Netflix and Apple TV, there are just too many services to cover. You won’t even know that your subscription needs renewal until the next billing date.
However, Apple device owners can use the dedicated subscription management system in iOS and macOS to unsubscribe from a paid app or streaming service for avoiding auto-renewal.
If you have an iPhone / iPad / iPod touch / Apple TV / Mac device, you can follow this guide to learn how to cancel your subscriptions.
Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone / iPad / iPod touch
Managing your subscriptions on Apple devices is pretty straightforward. Follow the steps below to cancel your subscription:
- To get started, open the Settings app on your Apple device.
- Now tap on your name, then tap iTunes & App Store from the list of options.
- Next, tap your Apple ID above the menu and tap View Apple ID.
- Enter your passcode or use Touch ID / Face ID to confirm your identity.
- You will be redirected to your Account Settings. Then tap Subscriptions from the options.
- Here you should see all of your subscriptions. Tap on the subscription you want to manage.
- Below your subscription details, tap Cancel Subscription. A dialog box will prompt you to confirm your cancellation. Tap Confirm to proceed.
Cancel Subscriptions in the App Store
It is possible to cancel subscriptions from the App Store on your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the App Store on your device.
- Tap the profile icon on the upper-right corner of the app.
- From your Account settings, choose Subscriptions.
- Now select your preferred service and tap Cancel Subscription below. Tap Confirm to save your changes.
Cancel Subscriptions on your Mac
In case you are running the latest build of macOS Catalina on your Mac device, go through the instructions below to cancel your subscriptions.
- Launch System Preferences from the menu bar.
- Tap your Apple ID icon.
- Select Media & Purchases from the left sidebar.
- Click the “Manage…” button next to Subscriptions.
- You can now click Edit next to the subscription you want to cancel from the Subscriptions window.
- Click Cancel Subscription, then Confirm. Click Done at the bottom-right corner of the Subscription window once you are finished.
Cancel Subscriptions in the Mac App Store
- Open the App Store app on your Mac device.
- Click your name at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Next, click View Information at the upper side of the window. You might be asked to sign in.
- On the next page, scroll down to find Subscriptions, then click Manage.
- Now click Edit next to the service you want to unsubscribe from.
- Click Cancel Subscription and confirm your cancellation.
Cancel Subscriptions on Apple TV
The latest version of Apple’s tvOS gives users the option to renew or cancel their subscriptions directly from Apple TV. Here’s how:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Choose Users & Accounts from the list.
- Select your account, then select Subscriptions.
- Similar to other Apple devices, you can now select your preferred service or app and cancel the subscription.
- In case you want to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription after the 7-day free trial, then you can do it from here too.
If you have a 1st/2nd/3rd gen Apple TV, then head over to tv.apple.com from your smartphone or PC and sign in with your Apple ID. Then click your profile in the upper-right corner and go to Account Settings. Click Manage Membership to manage your Apple TV+ subscription.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.