OnePlus phones have many powerful specs and features, but their cameras aren’t the best you can get in the market. Underperforming cameras are a constant theme with brand for the most part, even though prices of its flagship phones are steadily going upwards.
To spice things up, the company has been adding more and more camera lenses to its phones, including some that feel like outright gimmicks. Take for instance, the color filter camera on the OnePlus 8 Pro that serves a very niche use case or the unremarkable monochrome lens on the OnePlus 8T. Instead of these extra camera lenses that serve no real purpose, we would like to see fewer lenses on the next OnePlus phone and it looks like you agree with us.
We recently put up our OnePlus 9 wishlist, where we asked you if you think OnePlus is relying too much on gimmicky cameras. Here’s how you voted in our poll.
Is OnePlus relying too much on gimmicky cameras?
A total of 3,461 readers voted in our poll and the results are very clear. 86.2% of Android Authority readers think that the extra color filter/monochrome/macro lenses on OnePlus phones are gimmicky and that OnePlus can do without them.
Meanwhile, some respondents beg to differ. 13.8% of the poll takers voted in favor of OnePlus adding these extra camera sensors and said that they actually like using them.
- SKJ: Yes, it’s true. Oneplus is giving unnecessary cameras just to increase the camera modules. There should be only three cameras: the main, ultra-wide, and telephoto. But in place of a normal telephoto camera, OnePlus should give a periscope telephoto camera (5x optical zoom) in all variants. If Oneplus is planning to give a fourth camera, it should try to give a night sight that will help the other three cameras to take better low-light shots and videos.
- MachtSchnell: I like a macro for moderate close-ups. But not single digits megapixels ones.
- Ccp Maggots: Less junky camera and improvements in photography software will be very nice!
- Thom K: The general shitting on macro lenses needs to stop. Macro lenses are great if they can pair it with a decent sensor for once.
- Devaesh D: I hope that OnePlus 9 has a pop-up selfie camera! And definitely a flat screen with a 4500-5000 maH battery!!
Also read: The best OnePlus phones you can buy right now
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.