Popular social media platform Twitter has finally rolled out the new OLED-friendly dark mode known by the name of ‘Lights Out’ for all Android users. It has been released by the company just a few days after being released by the company for the test version of the Android app. Twitter had first launched the Lights Out theme on its iOS app back in March this year.
For those who don’t know what the Light Out mode is, it is actually a type of dark mode that works specifically well for smartphones that have an OLED or AMOLED display. It turns the user interface of the Twitter app to pitch black instead of dark blue/grey in the Dark theme called ‘Dim’, thereby helping in saving more battery.
Welcome to the dark side, Android users. You can now go lights out on Twitter. pic.twitter.com/RpvstZvdnr
— Twitter (@Twitter) October 22, 2019
How to turn on Twitter’s Lights Out mode on Android
The Lights Out mode is available only if you download the latest version of the Android app, Twitter version 8.18.0 from the Play Store. If you downloaded or updated to the latest version, proceed to the next step. To enable the Lights Out mode on Twitter, follow these steps.
- Launch the Twitter app.
- Tap your profile image to open the side-bar menu.
- Scroll down and tap the lightbulb, and the app will automatically change to Lights Out.
- You can also find the option in the app’s settings by opening the side-bar menu and going to Settings and Preferences > Display and Sound > Dark Mode Appearance.
How to enable Lights out on Twitter.com
The lights out mode is also available to use on the web version of Twitter. So, if you don’t have the latest version of the Twitter app, you can use the lights out mode on Twitter.com. To enable the latest feature to follow these steps.
- Click the ‘three-dot’ on the left side menu.
- Click “Display”.
- Scroll down to Background and click “Lights Out” from the theme selection.
- Click “Done” to apply the changes.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.