Can it fly? No, but the LG Wing is looking pretty slick.
We got an exclusive first look at the new LG Wing, a typical looking modern smartphone until you flip out the second display, or maybe you flip out the main display to reveal the half-sized second display underneath, we’re still unclear on that. Regardless the action, LG seems to understand that we often need more than just one display, but maybe don’t need two full displays, the LG Wing could be a fantastic solution.
Personally, I wonder if this is not an entirely new one-piece phone, but maybe an attachment that will clamp onto future LG devices? I can’t but think of Moto Mods and LG Friends, just as a display and extra speaker this time.
In other news, it’s been about a fortnight since Fortnite announced it’s intent to split ways from Apple and then split ways with Google. They’ve removed their app from the app stores, so they don’t have to continue paying the roughly 35% fees to Google and Apple, those amounted to over $365 million. Moving forward, you will need to side-load Fortnite, and not all phones are supported. That’s why we’re here right now:
Here are the top Android stories of the week
- Smart money — Samsung Galaxy Note 20 buyer’s guide: Everything you need to know
- No fluff — Here are the best smartphones running stock Android
- Control the TV — Phones with an IR blaster: What are your best options?
- It just clicks — Are there still any phones with a physical QWERTY keyboard?
- Pixel 4a added — Here’s a list of Android 11 beta phones
- Launcher — Samsung One UI 2.5: Features, eligible phones, and everything you need to know
- Legal issues — The Huawei ban explained: A complete timeline and everything you need to know
- Gizmo approved — HBO Max: The master list of movies and TV shows right now
- Launching soon — Here’s a look at the first phone with an under-display selfie camera
- Cool camera — Asus Zenfone 7 series: Everything you need to know about these flippy phones
- See it — Motorola Razr 2: Everything we know right now (Update: 360 degree view)
- New apps in our Android Apps Weekly — Tome Clancy’s Elite Squad, Baseball Superstars 2020, and more
From around the network
Deals of the week:
Google Pixel 4a international giveaway
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Google Pixel 4a smartphone. One of the best Google phones to date. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.