The official solicitation for Action Comics #1030 reveals that the events of Dark Nights: Death Metal have significantly decreased Superman’s powers.
The events of Dark Nights: Death Metal have set up the future of DC, including the ongoing Future State storyline and the upcoming Infinite Frontier in March. However, it may have had a negative impact on Superman.
The Man of Steel will see his powers significantly decreased in Action Comics #1030, which begins the “Warworld Rising” story arc. Mongol launches his largest-scale attack on Earth, with an army of Warworld battleships. A backup story features Midnighter dealing with the fallout from his Future State story and attempting to swap places with an alternate version of himself.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
In Dark Nights: Death Metal, Superman was imprisoned in the sun and strapped to a device that subjected him to every form of Kryptonite. This infected his cells with Anti-Life Energy, which would lead to him being reborn in Darkseid’s image. Although the Death Metal finale led to the Earth being reborn, “Warworld Rising” hints that Superman may still be suffering from the adverse effects of Anti-Life.
Action Comics #1030 is written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, who will take over Superman and Action Comics post-Future State. Joining Johnson on art duties is Daniel Sampere, while the Future State creative team of Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Michael Avon Oeming will handle the Midnighter story.
ACTION COMICS #1030
- written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
- art by DANIEL SAMPERE
- backup story written by
- BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
- backup story art by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
- cover by MIKEL JANÍN
- card stock variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
- ON SALE 4/27/21
- $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US
- “Warworld Rising” starts here! A new chapter in Superman’s life begins as the challenges of Dark Nights: Death Metal are causing Clark Kent to feel…a change in his powers. Is it possible the Metropolis Marvel could be losing a step? His struggles in taking down the creatures from the Breach would suggest as much! If he’s going to continue to protect the people of Earth, he’ll have to adapt—especially with threats like Mongul out there waiting to launch their biggest attacks on the Earth yet. That’s right, those are Warworld battleships just outside our orbit, and they are heading straight for us!
- Meanwhile, in the Midnighter backup story, the bad boy of the Authority has to figure out what Andrej Trojan is up to in the present if he ever wants to get back to Future State and swap places with the Midnighter of 2021, whom he left stranded on Warworld.
Action Comics #1030, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Daniel Sempere and Michael Avon Oeming, goes on sale on April 27 from DC.
KEEP READING: Superman: DC Just Revealed the KEY to Understanding Its Reboots
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Debuts New Cast Photo
About The Author