A closer look at the spookier monsters
Capcom delivered what will likely be the last of the major Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak trailers before its June 30 release today during the Capcom Showcase stream. Oh, and a Sunbreak demo is coming soon!
Here are a few of the monsters shown off today in the Sunbreak trailer:
- Espinas (from Monster Hunter Frontier)
- Gore Magala (from Monster Hunter 4)
- Daimyo Hermitaur (from Monster Hunter 2) – and the Pyre subspecies
- Malzeno (part of the demo)
- Lucent Nargacuca (coming in an August 22 free title update)
The jungle area from the second generation of the franchise returns, and the “endemic jungle” elements have been updated for the modern generation. You’ll be able to test these out in a solo/multiplayer demo that’s out on June 14. There will be no limit to the demo (thank goodness), and it’s available on both eShop and PC.
Here are the main Sunbreak demo hunts:
- Great Izuchi
- Malzeno (an extra challenge)
Did you notice that sneaky bit of a Lucent Nargacuca addition via a title update? Vague Sunbreak roadmap updates are planned for:
- August 2022
- Fall 2022
- Winter 2022
- With “more to come in 2023”
Given how Iceborne extended the life of Monster Hunter World for a bit, it’s only fair that Sunbreak will also have its own string of free updates.