Path of Exile, famously known as POE in short, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game with hack and slash combat elements. Released back in 2013 by Grinding Gear Games, Path of Exile attracted former Diablo players with its similar gameplay mechanics, along with randomly generated maps that offer exceptional replayability. The game heavily relies on two aspects: exploration and combat. And surprisingly, there is no proper in-game currency in the game.
However, POE also has a trading system, which lets players transfer inventories from one account to another account, or trade items with other players in the server lobby. It not only makes gear upgrades more rewarding but also builds an entire economy system among POE players.
Orbs are one of the most popular currency items in POE. The rarer the orb, the better trade deals you get for upgrading your equipment.
Those who aren’t patient enough to grind hours of POE gameplay can also buy Orbs from the third-party market, in exchange for real money. Many websites offer POE Orbs and other items at fairly reasonable prices, but it is always subject to change based on the in-game trading market conditions.
If you are looking to buy POE Orbs, then be sure to check this guide to POE Orb prices.
What POE Orbs Should You Consider Buying?
Below is a list of some of the most useful POE Orbs you can buy to upgrade or level up your gear and equipment:
- Chromatic Orb: You can use Chromatic Orb to re-roll a socket color on weapons and armor pieces.
- Orb of Transmutation: It is used to enchant normal equipment to magic equipment.
- Orb of Augmentation: It lets you enhance magic equipment with an extra affix or modifiers.
- Orb of Chance: It upgrades normal equipment to a random rarity. It is one of the most important currency items in the game.
- Orb of Alteration: Players can use it on magic equipment to re-roll random modifiers. You can basically craft high-level items that can deal significant damage to enemies.
- Orb of Alchemy: It is one of the rarest Orbs you can get from a slain monster or a chest drop. You can upgrade normal equipment using the Orb of Alchemy.
- Exalted Orb: It lets you enhance rare equipment with a new affix.
POE Orb Prices In The Market
MMOGAH, PlayerAuctions, IGVault, and AOEAH are some of the most trusted and reliable POE currency item markets you can visit to buy Orbs. Here’s a price comparison of different POE Orbs in the following markets:
|Orbs||POE Item Market (w/ Min Qty)|
|Chromatic Orb||$0.18 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.12 (1000x)||$0.05 (50x)|
|Orb of Transmutation||$0.18 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.54 (400x)||$0.26 (200x)|
|Orb of Augmentation||$0.14 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.12 (2500x)||$0.1 (100x)|
|Orb of Chance||$0.18 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.15 (200x)||$0.03 (15x)|
|Orb of Alteration||$0.23 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.35 (1500x)||$0.1 (100x)|
|Orb of Alchemy||$0.79 (100x)||$0.01 (1x)||$1.91 (100x)||$0.06 (10x)|
|Exalted Orb||$1.49 (1x)||$1.40 (1x)||$1.35 (1x)||$1.49 (1x)|
*Note that the price of Orbs depends on your platform (PC / PS4 / Xbox One), as well as the server difficulty (Harvest Standard/ Harvest Hardcore / Standard).
Although it’s easier to upgrade equipment pieces and weapons by purchasing Orbs in bulk, we strongly recommend not to give your POE account details to unknown traders. It might get your account hacked and result in a loss of your valuable inventory. Always try to buy POE currency items from trusted markets only.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.