Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0 Adds Controller Remapping And More
Nintendo has pushed the latest firmware update for Nintendo Switch which comes with lots of features and options. The new update 10.0.0 is one of the most powerful updates we have seen in the past few months. It brings a lot of new features that users have been waiting for long including remapping the controller’s button.
Once you install this update, you’ll be able to configure Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers as per your preference from the Controllers and Sensors options in System Settings. You’ll be able to do the same with a Switch Lite, saving five different configurations depending on your preferences. And so, if the default setting doesn’t fit your needs, you can always change the settings as per your preference.
Apart from this, several new features have been added to the Nintendo Switch with this update. From now, you will be able to bookmark items in the “News” screen. There’s also an option to move data between your system memory and the SD card easily. This will allow you to free some space if you want to export some small games to your SD card.
Well, this update is live now and you can download it through your console by going into the System Settings and picking “System Update.” There are many changes brought to the Nintendo Switch with this update. You can read the complete patch notes right below.
- 1 Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0
- 1.1 Added a bookmark feature to News.
- 1.2 Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- 1.3 Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- 1.4 Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- 1.5 Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- 1.6 General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.