Do you like jobs? Do you like videogames? Do you want a job in videogames? Have we got the job for you!
Our parent company, Network N, is looking for a Group Editor to look after our growing roster of sites. The successful candidate will work on improving and growing PCGamesN, The Loadout, Pocket Tactics, and more. They’ll ensure successful execution of the brands’ strategies and work with the other members of the publishing management team in order to achieve the department’s overall objectives, both editorial and commercial.
If this sounds like you, you can take a closer look at the job description below, with more information available on Network N’s careers page. The closing date for applications is August 28, 2020, and the role is based in Bath, UK – though it is potentially open to UK-based remote candidates. To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Manage the editorial teams with Network N’s publishing department. Ensure successful execution of the brand strategies, and work with the other members of the Publishing Management Team in order to achieve the department’s overall objectives, both editorial and commercial.
- Developing, refining, and ensuring the execution of the brand strategies for our owned sites
- Assisting with all aspects of the promoted content campaigns across the portfolio, including pitching, execution, and ensuring successful delivery
- Working with our Audience Development Manager to ensure consistent audience growth across our brands
- Working with our Head of Publishing Development to refine and optimise our web platforms in order to achieve the department’s strategic objectives
- Working with our Ecommerce Editor to maximise ecommerce revenues and opportunities
- Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and maintaining a high bar for quality across our websites
- Training and developing our site editors and cell leaders to the highest possible standards
- Managing our site editors and providing guidance, feedback, and pastoral care
- Providing support for the Network team regarding business intelligence and site recruitment
- Working alongside our video and social media teams as required
- Understanding and managing business unit budgets where required
- Building and maintaining industry relationships, and representing Network N at relevant events
- Other as requested by the Publishing Director
- 5+ years experience in senior editorial roles
- A demonstrable track-record for improving and growing online brands
- Experience managing editorial teams and budgets
- Experience of successfully delivering promoted content work
- Knowledge of online publishing best practises and SEO
- A passion for videogames
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.