The world of music streaming services is expanding every day as more and more people are adapting to the ‘always online’ era. Gone are the days of buying physical copies of albums, as there are plenty of music streaming services out there giving you access to millions of tracks for a small fee each month.
Now, services such as Spotify, Saavn, Youtube Music are among the most popular music streaming services available for the Android users, but Apple Music is the best choice for those who are used to the Apple ecosystem. Though Apple Music is also available for Android devices.
Apple Music offers over 50 million music tracks that users can access, and while that isn’t any different compared to Spotify, Amazon Music or other services, you definitely won’t be missing out on any of your favorite tunes. Apple also gives you the option to listen to any songs that you’ve purchased via iTunes.
Suppose you want to try out Apple Music on your iOS/Android device, but you don’t want to waste time to add all of your curated playlists, favorite albums and tracks from Spotify all over again.
Luckily, you won’t have to painstakingly remake and or re-find all of the playlists, songs, artists, and albums, as we have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your Spotify playlists to Apple Music. Just follow these steps mentioned below.
How to Transfer your Spotify Playlists to Apple Music
- Using Songshift (iOS)
- Using Soundiiz (Android/iOS)
Transfer your Spotify Playlists using Songshift
- Open the iOS App Store. Search ‘Songshift’ and download it on your iOS device. (Note that there are two versions of this app: Free and Pro. You can only select one playlist at a time with the free version, but you can select multiple playlists with the Pro version.) You can also download the app by clicking here.
- After downloading the app, open Songshift on your iPhone or iPad.
- Get started by tapping the Songshift icon at the bottom.
- Now tap on Setup Source.
- Then click on Connect Music Services.
- Find Spotify from the list and tap on Connect. You will be redirected to the Spotify login page.
- Enter your Spotify login credentials and then log-in.
- Log in to your Apple Music account by doing the same as stated above.
- Now go back to the homepage and tap on the Songshift icon again, and click on Setup Source.
- Select Spotify here and choose the Playlist option.
- Select whether you’re moving an album, playlist, or song.
- After this, tap on Setup Destination and select Apple Music.
- Choose your preferred option for copying the playlists. For example, you can create a new playlist or merge the existing ones.
- When you are done, tap on I’m Finished to begin the copying process.
- To view your transferred playlist, open Apple Music and go to your Playlists in the Library tab.
Transfer your Spotify Playlists using Soundiiz
Soundiiz supports plenty of music streaming services including popular ones like Spotify, YouTube Music, and Apple Music. If you are using Apple Music on an Android device, this is for you.
- Sign up for an account at Soundiiz.com and verify your email with their website.
- After you log-in, you’ll need to sign in to your music streaming service accounts to give Soundiiz access to your playlists. Start by tapping on Spotify, log in with your credentials, then hit Agree.
- Do the same for Apple Music.
- Now select Transfer in the left window-pane and select Playlists in the popup.
- Select Spotify as the source on the next screen.
- Select all the playlists that you want to transfer to Apple Music. Then select Confirm and Continue.
- You’ll get to choose to write a description or remove duplicate tracks. After configuring your playlist, click on Save Configuration.
- You can remove tracks on the next screen if you want. Click on Confirm Tracklist to begin the process now.
- Finally, select Apple Music as the destination to start the transfer. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- To view your newly transferred playlist, open Apple Music and go to your Playlists in the Library tab.
Note: If there are songs in your Spotify playlist that are unavailable on Apple Music, they will not be transferred.
If you are having problems with Songshift or Soundiiz, we have two more alternatives for you to transfer your Spotify playlists to Apple Music.
Transfer your Spotify Playlists using STAMP
Stamp is available on iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and even the Linux platform. So it is possible to use it wherever you want.
- Similar to the steps mentioned above, select and give the app permissions for both Spotify and Apple Music.
- Choose Spotify as the source.
- Once you pick Spotify, it will ask you to select the destination.
- Select Apple Music as the destination.
- Now choose the playlist that you want to transfer.
- Tap Next to start the transferring process.
Note: The free version of Stamp will only transfer 10 songs from a playlist. You need the pro version to remove the limit which will cost $9.99 for just iOS and $14.99 for all platforms. It also supports a limited number of streaming services compared to SongShift and Soundiiz. There is no support for favorites or other data, just playlists.
Transfer your Spotify Playlists using ‘Tune My Music’
Tune My Music supports a variety of music streaming services like Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music among others. There is no mobile app, but a dedicated webpage for transferring playlists from Spotify to Apple Music. Also, there are no ads and no limit to the number of songs or playlists you can move in a single session. It’s free and works flawlessly.
- Open the website. Click on Let’s Start to get started.
- Select Spotify as your source.
- You can either choose a playlist from Spotify or enter the playlist URL. You can then select the songs from the playlist.
- On the next page, choose Apple Music as destination.
- Finally, click on Start Moving My Music on the next screen to begin the process.
Transferring playlists and other music data from Spotify to Apple Music is not that complex. Just make sure that you have opted for the correct music streaming service for your music needs.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.