How To Install Fortnite On Android Without Google Play
Epic Games’ Fortnite, one of the most famous battle royale games, got kicked out of Apple and Google’s ecosystem for introducing an in-game payment system for microtransactions and violating the in-app payment policies. While iOS users won’t be able to play Fortnite for a while following the lawsuit against App Store and Play Store monopolies, there still are alternative ways for Android players to install or sideload the latest version of Fortnite on their devices.
This guide will show you how to install Fortnite on Android without Google Play safely.
Fortnite for Samsung phone users
Installing Android apps and games from official app stores is generally the safest option. For obvious reasons, Fortnite is unavailable on Google Play, but there are other alternatives available as well. Those who have a Samsung smartphone can download Fortnite for Android from the Samsung Galaxy Store. In case you are wondering, Fortnite was first introduced on Android through Samsung’s Android app store back in 2018 with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Whether you have a current-gen mid-ranger or a last-gen flagship smartphone from Samsung, just head over to the Galaxy Store, log in with your Samsung account if not already, and download the Epic Games Launcher. From there, you can not only download and install Fortnite but also try out Epic’s Battle Breakers game.
As of now, you can get Epic Games Launcher from the Galaxy Store on all Samsung flagships from the Galaxy S8 lineup. It will also work on the new Galaxy S20 and Note 20 lineup of smartphones. Some of Samsung’s recent A-series mid-rangers, such as the Galaxy A50 and A51, are also included in the compatibility list.
In case the Epic Games Launcher doesn’t show up in the Galaxy Store’s search results, you can click this link and get redirected to the Epic Games app page on the Galaxy Store.
Fortnite on Android via sideloading
Another way to install Fortnite on Android is via sideloading the APK of the Epic Games Launcher, which is officially distributed by Epic Games. However, sideloading means that you are not using an official app store to install a particular app or game on your device, which is often deemed an unsafe app installation method.
Because of how popular Fortnite is, Android users can end up with APK infected with malware from hundreds of unofficial websites. However, the following steps will walk you through the sideloading process.
- First, open up a Chrome tab and visit fortnite.com/android.
- Now tap the option that says, “Get it on the Epic Games App.” The Epic Games APK should start downloading.
- Next, tap Open in the pop-up message below the browser window.
- You should get a prompt about your phone being not allowed to install unknown apps from Chrome. Simply tap the Settings option.
- Toggle the slider next to Allow from this source on the following page, then go back to the Chrome window.
- Tap Install to install the Epic Games on your Android device.
- Once the Epic Games app is installed, click Open and wait for the app to load up.
- Select Fortnite from the main menu, then tap Install on the following page. The Epic Games app will now begin downloading the Fortnite APK file.
- When it finishes downloading it, you will get the same prompt as seen back in Chrome at the time of installing the Epic Games app. Tap Settings and enable Allow from this source option.
- Return to the Epic Games app and tap Install. It shouldn’t take more than a minute for Fortnite to get installed on your device.
Once Fornite is installed, you can tap the Launch option in the Epic Games app and download additional data files for the game. However, you should first roll back the granted permissions, as it might pose a security threat later down the road. Here’s how to do it:
- First, go to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Select Apps & Notifications, then tap Special app access in the following menu.
- Scroll down to the Install unknown apps option and select Chrome from the list.
- Toggle off the slider next to Allow from this source.
To ensure that you receive the latest Fortnite updates, we recommend you not to do the same for the Epic Games app. Assuming that you have installed it from the official website, you won’t have to worry about your device’s security. However, proceed at your own discretion.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.