The gaming industry has become quite massive today. With the rise of gaming enthusiasts and innovations in gaming hardware, competitive gamers are actually using their skills to make a decent living. This is the reason why the live streaming platform Twitch has become so popular today and enjoyed by millions of players and fans across the globe.
If you have a Twitch channel and want it to be more popular, then you should be willing to do the work for that. This is because the platform is already quite crowded and there are many twitch streamers who spend years broadcasting to no one. Besides, it’s not going to get any better.
The following are some of the things that you can do to grow your Twitch channel today:
Create a Plan
The first thing you need to do is create a roadmap that comprises your short-term and long-term goals. Otherwise, your efforts won’t bear the fruit, or at least not at the right time.
Your goals are particular to you so they can be set however you wish. However, they should all meet the following conditions:
- Specific: You can’t achieve a goal unless you know exactly what it is. For instance, if your goal is to acquire “new subscribers” in a particular month, then it won’t work. This is because you are not being specific here. However, if you can change your goal to “300 subscribers” in that month, then you can perhaps achieve it as you can track your progress with a measurable factor.
- Realistic: It’s not a bad thing to be ambitious. However, you have to be practical and realistic too. For instance, if you will set a goal of acquiring “10,000” in one month even though your growth rate so far has been rather small, then it’s unlikely that you will achieve it. What’s more, your morale will be hurt if you fail. So, it’s better to plan your goals carefully and be pragmatic with what’s actually achievable.
- Timed: Each goal should have a strict deadline. As mentioned earlier, there should be both short-term and long-term goals but they should be attached to specific timelines as well. Otherwise, you won’t be able to progress at the rate you want.
It’s recommended that you read about SMART goals to perfect your plan and increase the odds of your success.
If you want professional-level results from your Twitch channel, then you must create a professional profile. However, it’s not as hard as it sounds. Twitch overlays are one of the most important aspects of branding for your streaming profile. Overlays are often the first thing that streamers will invest in when starting out. You mainly need to take care of the following:
Your twitch bio allows the other streamers and viewers to know exactly who you are and what you do. However, you have to be creative here as your thoughts are limited to 150 characters.
In light of the brevity, you can share the basic details viz. your name, location, and job. You should also share the names of the games you play and the usual times when you stream.
Remember, there are millions of broadcasters on Twitch and you have to fight to get recognition. A call-to-action (CTA) can go a long way in that endeavor. As the users will browse through different thumbnails, they will notice your streams if they will have catchy CTAs. Examples include:
- See me slay all Bloodborne bosses with no damage #SoulsFever
- Next Assassins Creed game to be based on Viking Age?
- Resident Evil 2 (Remake) Speedrun
Branding is the key to survival in every market, and Twitch is no different. So, it can be a good idea to invest in creating a cool gamer logo and customize your videos and other graphics assets. In fact, if you will check out the channels of all the popular Twitch streamers, then you will see that all of them have unique gamer logos that help in building trust and credibility. Besides, today you have access to all kinds of platforms and services that allow you to create unique logos in a matter of minutes and without costing a fortune.
Get Better Equipment
It’s true that you can become popular on Twitch with original content and creativity. However, you also need some decent hardware if you don’t want to come off as a rookie. Remember- presentation is everything.
You may not necessarily need a top-level gaming rig (if you don’t play GPU and CPU-demanding games), but you will surely need a good camera and microphone. You may also need to upgrade your Internet connection if you are currently unable to stream on high resolutions or higher frame rates.
Apart from the hardware, you can also get better streaming software to make your job easier and deliver a better experience to your audience. Thankfully, the web offers a number of options viz. OBS Studio, XSplit broadcaster & gamecaster, Wirecast, etc.
Don’t let the increasing competition on Twitch dishearten you. If you are passionate about streaming and video games, then you will find your audience eventually. Just keep at it and follow your plan. Of course, the tips above will be able to help a lot.