Death Stranding is the most anticipated action-adventure game of 2019. After the massive success with Konami’s Metal Gear series, famous Japanese video game writer, director, producer, and designer Hideo Kojima has done it once again with Death Stranding.
The game’s main attraction is its cast full of Hollywood celebrities. This includes Norman Reedus, Léa Seydoux, Mads Mikkelsen, Troy Baker, Margaret Qualley, Tommie Earl Jenkins, Guillermo del Toro, Nicolas Winding Refn, Lindsay Wagner, and dozens more.
You play as Sam Bridges; a porter tasked with delivering packages and supplies to the isolated locations of the United States. It is his mission to reconnect them, by putting himself in danger among destructive creatures from a realm between life and death.
Now, if you have recently started your journey in Death Stranding, you already know how hard it is to maintain Sam’s balance on the rocky terrains with multiple cargoes. Now you can acquire some gadgets and upgrade your toolset to tackle the problems. But if you haven’t noticed, Sam’s backpack is always exposed, making it vulnerable to the timefall.
However, you can unlock a backpack cover to keep Sam’s backpack safe from the timefall. It is an essential tool to keep your deliveries safe from the bad weather later in the game.
To unlock this useful backpack cover, you can follow the detailed instructions in this TechCodex guide.
How to Obtain the Backpack Cover
- In Episode 3, the backpack cover is obtainable after you begin the deliveries at the Distribution Center of South Lake Knot City. The landmark is close to an optional prepper named The Collector, that you can bring onto the Chiral Network. If you succeed, you will be rewarded with the backpack cover and unlock the upgrades for it.
- To reach The Collector, you have to head 400 meters southeast from the Distribution Center South Knot City along the right side of a rocky crevice. You also need a ladder in order to scale the surface. Make sure to grab lost cargo tagged with the Collector by using Odradek scans on your way. You’ll need it for unlocking the reward.
- When you reach the rocky crevice, you will see a narrow path leading down to some water puddles and encounter a MULE scanning pylon. Follow that path, walk to the pylon, and look up to your north. You should notice a painted fox on the wall.
- You can place your ladder there and climb up to find The Collector. For the backpack cover, you have to increase your standing with The Collector. In case you didn’t grab his lost cargo, then interact with the terminal to receive a quest. You will have to collect some packages from a nearby MULE camp.
- Once you complete the quest by delivering The Collector’s packages, he will give you more quests to increase your standing with him. After finishing up his quests, the shiny backpack cover will be rewarded to you. As previously mentioned, this will protect your cargo from the Timefall. Though it has its limitations as any extra-stacked cargo will still remain exposed to Timefall.
Death Stranding is definitely an exciting concept from the folks at Kojima Productions. In this guide, we have highlighted Sam’s backpack cover and extensive walkthrough to help you unlock it in-game. We will try to cover more gameplay guides on Death Stranding in the near future.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.