So far in 2019, we have seen tech companies in the silicon valley pushing major privacy updates to their services. After giving users the option to auto-delete Web & App Activity and Location History, and Google Assistant recordings, Google is adding another privacy-focused feature for Youtube.
You can now set your account to automatically delete your watch history on Youtube. This is a great feature especially if you want to keep your watching habits private from your family members. In case you want to learn more about it, continue reading this article on how to auto-delete your Youtube history.
Setting up Schedule for deleting Youtube Watch History
- On your Android device, open Settings from your app drawer.
- Scroll down, and tap Google.
- Now tap on Google Account. Opening it for the first time will give you a welcome message. Tap on “Get Started” to continue.
- In the Google Account settings, tap Manage your data & personalization.
Google Account Settings
- Tap on Youtube History in the Activity controls section. Here, tap on Manage Activity. You will be redirected to Google’s My Activity page.
- On the Youtube History page, you will see an option ‘Keeping activity until you delete it manually’. After that, tap on the link below that says ‘Choose to delete automatically’.
- You get three options to choose from: Keep until I delete manually (Selected by default), Keep for 18 months, Keep for 3 months. Select the option of your choice, tap Next and then Confirm.
If you are on PC, go to Google’s Youtube History page by clicking here. You can follow the same steps mentioned above to set up an auto-deletion schedule for Youtube Watch History.
Pause Watch History & Delete it Manually
- If you want Google not to monitor your watch history, you can do that as well. Head over to the Youtube History page, and click on Change setting. Now you will see two checkboxes for two options: “Include the Youtube videos you watch” and “Include your searches on Youtube”. You can uncheck them to pause the data collection.
- To delete your entire watch history manually, click on the three-dot icon on the right of the top search bar. From the drop-down menu, select Delete activity by. A dialog box will pop up with the options to delete your last hour, last day, all-time activity. Click on Custom range to delete activities between a specific time. You also get the option to set up automatic deletions here.
To make your internet activities more private and secure, not only Google but also companies like Apple, Microsoft and Facebook are pushing new privacy-focused settings to its products. That’s why we have provided detailed instructions in this article to help you auto-delete, pause, or manually delete your Youtube history. Google is also rolling out an incognito mode for Google Maps, which won’t collect your location data until you turn incognito mode off manually. We will try to cover more of these features in the near future.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechnoCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.