Fortnite Season 6 began on September 27 and, together with this, the floating island that rose from Loot Lake also began moving around the map. Just a few days after its release, a new update has been brought to the game together with its patch notes.
Accompanied by a few hours of server downtime, Epic Games just released the patch 6.1 for Fortnite and the full patch note is also available showing everything new and everything that has been changed. According to the patch notes, the update introduces the Chiller trap which was described as a common trap that can be placed on floors, walls and ceilings. This new trap applies icy feet to the teammates and enemies causing them to slide around with low friction, which is a great addition for the game.
There is also a big addition which is the custom Playground options which allow you to tweak the settings such as health, time of day, gravity, and a lot more. They also added some new cosmetics to be unlocked, which you can see this into the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass rewards gallery. The other updates from the patch note is also available.
Limited Time Mode: Playground
Playground Custom Options
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
Weapons + Items
- Chiller added.
- Common Trap.
- Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
- Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
- Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
- The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
- Muffled the audio if there isn’t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.