Crysis Remastered vs Original Crysis Comparison Shots Paint a Troubling Picture for Crytek’s Upcoming Remaster
After yesterday’s freshly-released Crysis Remastered screenshots, the first comparison shots have surfaced, comparing Crysis Remastered to the original Crysis from 2007.
As covered yesterday, the first screenshots for Crytek’s upcoming didn’t show much of an improvement over the vanilla version of the shooter, and as expected, the first comparison screenshots have now surfaced.
The direct-feed screenshots are courtesy of ResetEra members ‘Last Colossi’ and ‘cOZm1c’ and try to compare the remaster to the vanilla version of Crysis on the same location and time of day. Check them out in the gallery below. The first image of each comparison shot is vanilla Crysis, whereas the second shot is direct-feed screenshot from the remaster.
Based on these comparison screenshots, some minor improvements can be discerned, but overall it appears that the original Crysis looks better than the new footage that surfaced yesterday – the remaster looks highly oversaturated compared to vanilla Crysis and there also appears to be more detail in the original game from 2007.
We also came across two screenshots comparing Crysis Remastered to Crysis running with an enhanced mod on PC. It’s clear that the modded version of the original version currently looks better than Crytek’s upcoming remaster.
Of course, there’s the possibility that the remaster screenshots are from one of the upcoming console versions, but Crytek has yet to clarify on which platform the footage was running.
Crysis Remastered is rumored to release on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on July 23. According to Crytek, the title will feature high-quality textures, an HD texture pack, improved art assets, temporal anti-aliasing, SSDO, SVOGI, state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, parallax occlusion mapping, and particle effects (where applicable). In additiom, volumetric fog and shafts of light, software-based ray tracing, and screen space reflections have been promised.
Crysis Remastered description
- The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around – now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges – including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.