Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was launched back in October without a battle royale mode, but now, a data miner discovered that the battle royale mode will be soon coming to the game. The data miner also revealed many things that comes with the battle royale mode.
Call of Duty leaker Senscallo recently posted on reddit about the planned battle royale update for the shooter, and there’s some interesting stuff here for fans either of Call of Duty or for Battle Royale.
According to the information found and posted by Reddit poster Senescallo, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will feature a mammoth 200 player battle royale mode. The same post also revealed the map, weapons, perks, missions and even a new respawn token.
Let’s take a look at what’s newly included in this map.
According to the leak, these are the zones that will feature on the map:
- Storage Town
- TV Station
One more thing that comes with this update is the Gulag, where a player can have a 1v1 fight for the chance to be respawned back into the fight.
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player. To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match.
At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns. Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Just like battle royale modes in other games, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will also feature missions, plunder and loot. The missions will include Tracked, Timed Run, Assassination, Scavenger Hunt and Domination, as well as simply a random mission, giving you one of the selection.
On the loot system within the game, there are two different aspects. First, regular loot is simply shown like this:
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Limited inventory space
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon
- Cannot take Armor of lower level than currently equipped
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items with the plunder system being described like this:
Earn Plunder by completing missions and eliminating enemies. Purchase game changing items at plunder box locations.
Collect Plunder and convert it into XP by depositing it into ATM machines located throughout the game.
- The player who collects the most Plunder in a match will be named the Best Plunderer
- There is a minimum amount of Plunder required before depositing it into the Bank
- Plunder dropped from eliminated enemies expires after some time
- When players enter a Bank, the Bank Alarm will sound, alerting all enemies within the vicinity
Just like always, it is advised everyone to take this leak as a grain of salt. Even, if this leak comes to be true, it is really a great concept of Activision to bring 200 players at a time on a map to compete against each other. What do you think about it? Do let us know in the comment section.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.