Black Friday 2020 is bringing some seriously good game deals across PS5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch, and we’re even spotting significant discounts on games released in the last month or so. One of the best Black Friday game deals announced so far is a surprising markdown on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, a launch title for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Released on November 10, Valhalla will be down to $48 in GameStop’s Black Friday sale, which kicks off online next Wednesday, November 25, at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET.
Set in 873 AD, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla follows a Viking named Eivor (whom you can play as male or female) as they leave Norway with their clan to travel to England. As with previous Assassin’s Creed games, Valhalla’s modern-day storyline is intertwined with the historical events of the game, and it “brings a satisfying finish to the current saga of the franchise,” associate editor Jordan Ramée wrote in his Assassin’s Creed Valhalla review.
“Despite its strong connection to past games, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is more than capable of standing on its own. It takes a little while to build momentum, but when it hits its stride, Valhalla is a confident Assassin’s Creed title that takes a few narrative risks which, as a whole, pay off,” he wrote. “Eivor is a good hero with an identity that drives the mystery behind the main narrative, and she shines in the self-contained arc structure of Valhalla’s story. The supporting cast may not shine as brightly, but it’s easy to forgive that when exploring England and discovering new nuggets of worldbuilding is so rewarding.”
Ubisoft recently confirmed Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the biggest game launch in the series’ history, selling more units in its first week than any other entry. It’s also the top-selling Ubisoft PC launch ever, according to the publisher.
We’ll be covering all the biggest Black Friday 2020 news and deals over the next week, so stay tuned. Catch up on more of the best Black Friday game deals announced so far, including Star Wars: Squadrons for $17, Final Fantasy VII Remake for $25, and Watch Dogs Legion for $30.
- The Best Gaming Deals For Black Friday 2020 (Nintendo Switch, PS4/PS5, And Xbox One/Series X)
- Black Friday 2020: Thanksgiving Day Store Closings, Retailer Ads, And Deals To Expect
- Black Friday Ad Scans 2020: Best Deals At Walmart, Target, And More
- Walmart Announces PS5, Xbox Series X Restock Date And Time For Black Friday
- PS5 And Xbox Series X Will Be Available In GameStop Stores On Black Friday
- Best Black Friday 2020 Nintendo Switch Deals: Games, Console Bundle, And More
- Best Black Friday 2020 PS5 And PS4 Deals: Games, PS Plus, And More
- Best Black Friday 2020 Xbox Series X And Xbox One Deals
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.