Apple has collectively released a new update for iPhones, iPad, Watch, and TV. Although these new updates primarily target bug fixes and improvements, it also comes with a bunch of new features and options.
What’s New: iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3
The all-new iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 come with support for Communication Limits in Screen Time. This new feature will allow users to set specific limitations on who and when you can communicate with. During allotted screen time, you can allow communication with everyone, but during downtime, you could limit communication to certain people. Screen Time Communication Limits apply to the Phone app, Messages app, and FaceTime.
The new Apple iOS 13.3 will also allow users to disable the Memoji and Animoji stickers from always appearing on the emoji keyboard. You can do so by heading to Settings > General > Keyboard > Emoji. Also, the Safari browser will now support FIDO2 security keys over Lightning, USB or NFC.
Apart from this, the new update fixes bugs and brings improvements. Here is the list of fixes and improvements that comes with this update:
- Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
- Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
What’s New: watchOS 6.1.1
The new update to watchOS doesn’t bring any new features. However, it fixes minor bugs and improvements for seamless entertainment.
What’s New: tvOS 13.3
In the latest update, tvOS 13.3 lets you bring back the “Up Next” queue (which was recently replaced by “What to Watch”) to your Apple TV Home screen. To change the setting, update to tvOS 13.3. Then, go to the Settings > Apps > TV app.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.