Apple Releases iOS 11.3 with Battery Health Tool & New Features
Apple has released the latest iOS 11.3 to everyone with a compatible device. The update brings ARKit 1.5, more Animoji, new Business Chat feature (For the US and Canada), Health Records, Data & Privacy, iPhone Battery Health (Beta), bug fixes, and other Additional features.
The iOS 11.3 update is about 700MB in size that varies depending on the device and is already available over-the-air (OTA). It is compatible with iPhone 5s and later, all iPad Air and iPad Pro models, iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 2 and later and iPod touch 6th generation.
New AR Experiences
With iOS 11.3, apps can now deliver AR experiences that use vertical surfaces like walls and doors, in addition to horizontal surfaces like tables and chairs, and more accurately map to irregularly shaped surfaces like circular tables.
AnimojiiOS 11.3 New Animojis
Four all-new Animoji bring iPhone X users’ expressions to life as a lion, bear, dragon or skull. The A11 Bionic chip and TrueDepth camera give users the ability to record and send Animoji messages (and even create Animoji karaoke videos) using their voice and more than 50 different facial muscle movements.
This new messaging feature provides users with a new way to communicate directly with businesses, reach a live person to ask a question or make a purchase using Apple Pay, on the go or at home. When searching for a retailer, hotel, bank or other business in Spotlight Search, Safari or Maps, users will have the option to send a message directly to them from the Messages app on iPhone and iPad, and continue conversations with Apple Watch or Mac. Users are always in control of their contact information — businesses will not receive any personal data by default.
iPhone Battery HealthiOS 11.3 iPhone Battery Health
iOS 11.3 adds new features to show battery health of an iPhone and recommend if a battery needs to be serviced. These can be found in Settings -> Battery and are available for iPhone 6 and later. As promised, it is now possible to disable Apple’s power management feature. Additionally, users can now see if the power management feature that dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent unexpected shutdowns.
Additional iOS 11.3 Features:
- Apple Music now streams music videos uninterrupted by ads. Users can watch the hottest new videos, classics or ones from their favourite artists back-to-back in new music video playlists.
- Apple News makes it easier to stay up-to-date on the most important videos of the day with a new Video group in For You, and improved Top Stories.
- Commuters in Beijing and Shanghai can begin using Apple Pay on their iPhone and Apple Watch for an easy, fast and secure ride on Metro and bus lines.
- Apple TV app, a unified place for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV users to discover and start watching the best shows and movies, will launch in Brazil and Mexico. These markets join Apple TV app users in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK.
- Brazil will gain Siri support on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), making it possible to search for and access movies, shows, songs, apps and more, using just your voice.
- HomeKit software authentication provides a great new way for developers to add HomeKit support to existing accessories while protecting privacy and security.
- Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send a user’s current location when making a call to emergency services in countries where AML is supported.
For latest tech news and updates follow TechnoCodex on Facebook, Twitter, Google+. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.