NEW DELHI: Apple has released iOS 14.2, its first major iOS update since iOS 14’s release in September. Among other things the new release brings 100 new emojis for iPad and iPhone users. These include smiling face with tear, disguised face, pinched fingers, anatomical heart, lungs, Ninja, Polar Bear, Dodo, feather, Seal, Beetle, Cockroach, Fly, Worm, nesting dolls, hook, placard and more. iOS 14.2 also adds eight new wallpapers, both in light and dark modes. In addition to new features, iOS 14.2 fixes a host of bugs. Apple iOS 14.2 is available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPod touch 7th generation, iPad Air 2 and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.
How to get iOS or iPadOS 14.2
Just open Settings in your iPhone or iPad, then tap General, and then Software Update. You will see the available update and option to install it.
Here are all the new features as per release note:
* Control Center gets a new Shazam toggle. You’ll have to add the “Music Recognition” feature to your Control Center in Settings > Control Center first, but then you’re just a swipe and a tap away from having Shazam identify songs in the background. You’ll get notifications when new songs are identified, and it’s easy to add them to Apple Music.
* There are also new media controls in Control Center, including content suggestions if you expand the “Now Playing” control while nothing is playing.
* The new emojis previewed earlier in the year are included in iOS and iPadOS 14.2, starting with Beta 2.
* The Magnifier accessibility feature now has an optional people detection function that can identify people in view and estimate their distance to you.
* Adds support for the MagSafe Leather Sleeve
* Adds optional notifications for excessive headphone volume levels
* HomePod can be added as the default sound output to Apple TV 4K for stereo and surround sound (including Dolby Atmos)
* Optimized AirPods battery charging to prolong battery longevity
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Apps could be out of order on the Home Screen dock
– Camera viewfinder may appear black when launched
– The keyboard on the Lock Screen could miss touches when trying to enter the passcode
– Reminders could default to times in the past
– Photos widget may not display content
– Weather widget could display the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit
– Next-hour precipitation chart description in Weather could incorrectly indicate when precipitation stops
– Voice Memos recordings are interrupted by incoming calls
– The screen could be black during Netflix video playback
– Apple Cash could fail to send or receive money when asked via Siri
– Apple Watch app may unexpectedly close when opened
– Workout GPS routes or Health data are prevented from syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
– Audio is incorrectly labeled as “Not Playing” in the CarPlay Dashboard
– Devices could be prevented from charging wirelessly
– Exposure Notifications is disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.