Apple introduced earlier today a bunch of new iPhones, as well as a completely different product, a brand-new smart speaker called HomePod mini. The sequel to the 2017 HomePod is much smaller (hence the name) and very cheap at just $99.Unsurprisingly, Apple announced that the new HomePod mini will support third-party streaming services like Pandora and Amazon Music. In case you plan to pick one up, here is how you can use Pandora on HomePod mini.First off, you can use Siri voice commands such as “Hey Siri, play some relaxing music on Pandora” or “Hey Siri, play [insert name] podcast on Pandora.” It’s important to mention that Pandora is not yet integrated with HomePod, but support for the music streaming service will be added by the time HomePod mini hits the shelves.
Once it becomes available, it will be possible to enable Pandora listening directly from HomePod by tapping a dedicated link via an iOS device, or following the steps below in the Pandora app for iOS:
- Download the latest version of Pandora’s mobile app for iOS
- Open the Pandora app on your iOS device
- Select Profile > Settings (gear icon) > “Connect with HomePod” > “Use in Home”
- Open the Home app on your iOS device
- Select the home icon at the top left of the screen
- Select “Home Settings”
- Select your avatar to view personal settings
- Select “Preferred Service” > “Pandora”
Those who don’t have a Pandora subscription yet and are not sure they want one can sign up for a free trial of Pandora Premium here.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.