- Android 11 beta 3 landed today, and it finally incorporates the traditional Easter egg.
- The Android 11 Easter egg shows a dial that you turn up to 11, continuing the This Is Spinal Tap references of the OS.
- There’s also a cute callback to the Nougat Easter egg from yesteryear.
Today, Google launched the third and final beta of Android 11. Unlike all the previous versions of the operating system, though, this one finally incorporates the new Android 11 Easter egg.
As one might have guessed, it continues the subtle referencing to the classic comedy film This Is Spinal Tap. The Easter egg shows a dial that you can “turn up to 11”. Once you do, a cute little cat Emoji appears, an apparent reference to the Nougat Easter egg.
Check out a screenshot of what turning the dial up to 11 looks like:
Android 11 Easter egg
When you turn the dial to 11, a tiny cat Emoji appears at the bottom of the display, above the navigation bar. However, tapping the Emoji doesn’t do anything and it doesn’t seem like its appearance changes your system in any way.
If you’ll remember, the Android 7 Nougat Easter egg also involved a cat. That one took things much further, though, by adding a cat Quick Tile to your system. You could then “feed” that cat with fish, doughnuts, and other fun stuff.
Unfortunately, this Easter egg is much less elaborate. Still, it’s a fun new addition to the operating system. With Google taking away treat names from the official releases, it’s nice to know it is keeping this tradition going.
How to see the Android 11 Easter egg
If you have Android 11 installed on your phone, here’s how to see the Easter egg for yourself.
- Head to Android settings.
- Scroll down and tap About Phone.
- Find your Android version in this section and tap it.
- On the Android version page, tap the setting that says “Android version” (with the 11 underneath) a whole bunch of times. Eventually, the Easter egg will appear.
For all the latest on the new features within Android 11, check out our roundup here.
For the latest tech news and updates, Install TechCodex App, and follow us on Google News, Facebook, and Twitter. Also, if you like our efforts, consider sharing this story with your friends, this will encourage us to bring more exciting updates for you.